dOrg is realizing the vision of a decentralized world not only through the tech we build for clients, but also in the way we run our organization. That’s why we have multiple ways for any member to contribute to internal needs:
- Swarm: Permissionless funding for spontaneous/one-off contributions.
- Initiatives: Pre-approved projects with fixed scope that advance dOrg’s strategic objectives.
- Roles: Pre-approved roles with ongoing responsibilities in distinct domains.
Any dOrg member can claim up to 10 hr/mo at $40/hr by logging contributions in the Swarm tab of the Ops budget sheet by the end of the month.
Swarm is intended to cover small tasks like content creation, bots, website fixes, and engaging on governance matters. You can claim or create new tasks in the Swarm Dework board.
For ongoing areas that require dedicated attention, you can propose a part-time role:
- Post proposed role details to the forum here.
- Integrate feedback and post for a vote on Snapshot.
- Track tasks in the relevant Dework board.
- Enter work log and hours in the Roles tab of the Ops budget sheet by the end of the month.
Here is the current breakdown of internal roles:
Recruitment efforts, improving candidate experience, detecting hiring necessities to support client projects.
Vetting and interviewing technical member candidates.
Member support, improving member experience, meetings, facilitating internal systems and processes.
Bookkeeping, monthly financial reports, compliance, engaging tax prep, streamlining accounting processes and FP&A.
Counseling for all legal matters including contract review, drafting agreements, demand letters, and any other legal needs.
Keeping external-facing channels active with relevant content and handling press relations.